Valentine Cookies and treats are a great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day. No matter how you celebrate- or not at all – Valentine’s Day is a great day to make something sweet for your family, just to show them that you love this! This Valentine’s Day, I am going to be making these Strawberry White Chocolate Cookies!
Every year, no matter what our financial situation, or what we have planned, I try to make something special for our whole family for Valentine’s Day. I usually let Hubby pick the dinner- and then I pick a yummy dessert that I think the whole family will enjoy. My youngest daughter’s birthday is the 13th – so sometimes Valentine’s Day can get a little forgotten for more important things like cowgirl birthday parties or memory trips to the American Girl Doll Store. Yet, I don’t want it to be totally forgotten – and so a little something sweet at the end of the day is just perfect – and doesn’t break the bank!
These cookies are super moist and the light red coloring makes them fun for holiday of love! Add a few sprinkles (or these hearts)- and poof! – your holiday treat is done! They are super cost effective and don’t take a lot of time.
I usually like to do cookies and treats that are from scratch. These do require a cake mix – but that is awesome for cost effectiveness (and this year- that is a big plus!)
So, here is the Strawberry White Chocolate Valentine Cookie recipe you have come for!
Strawberry White Chocolate Valentine Cookies
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Valentine sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper (this will keep the cookies from spreading into each other).
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients except the white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- On medium speed, mix with an electric mixer until all of the ingredients are well incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, drop 1 inch balls onto the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Do not overbake or you will start seeing brown spots on the cookies.
- Once removed from the oven, keep cookies on the baking sheet for 5 minutes to cool. Sprinkle Valentine sprinkles on top of the cookies.
- Transfer to a wire rack to complete the cooling process.
- This is a very rich and sweet cookie...perfect for Valentines Day!
There you have it! Super simple- but so good!
Is there something yummy you make for your family for Valentine’s Day? I would love to hear about it in the comments!
Worshiping With My Life,